Homeless or at risk of being homeless

Drugs and alcohol

If you’re in danger of losing your home because of problems with drugs or alcohol use:

  • If you are aged 16-24, contact the Homeless Hub. The Homeless Hub provides advice for 16/17 year olds on realistic housing options, can provide emergency Crashpad accommodation if it is available and help you get the support you need.  
  • If you need help at the weekend or evening when most offices are shut you can contact either:
    • Watford Borough Council on 01923 226400 or 
    • Hertfordshire County Council's Children's Services on 0300 123 4043
  • If you are older than 24, contact New Hope’s Rough Sleeper Intervention Team at The Haven, 4 Whippendell Road, Watford WD18 7LU, open Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 4pm, phone 01923 819 929.  The Intervention Team provides a range of support including help with housing and benefits problems as well as referral to support for substance misuse or mental health problems

If you are already homeless because of problems with drugs or alcohol use:

  • If you are aged 16-24, contact the Homeless Hub - see details above.
  • If you are older than 24, see the details for New Hope's Rough Sleeper Intervention Team above
  • if you are a man aged over 25 and have complex needs such substance misuse, GROW can offer you support.  Phone them on 01923 256189, see their website or email them on growhostel@uwclub.net

Advice and support from the council

If you need advice and support from the council complete our Housing Advice Form.  We will then contact you to arrange an appointment to see you within 5 working days to discuss your housing situation with you.  We will ask you to bring several documents to the appointment.  The documents needed include ones that prove your identity and your eligibility to receive advice and support, anything written about your housing situation such as a letter or a notice asking you to leave and information about your income and expenditure.

Feedback button