Homeless or at risk of being homeless

Young person told to leave parents, relatives or friends home

If you're aged 16 to 24 years old the best place to go locally to get advice is the Homeless Hub. The Homeless Hub is an advice and support service hub provided by One YMCA in partnership with Herts Young Homeless (hyh). It is a single point of contact for homeless prevention services for 16 - 24 year olds in Hertfordshire.

If you're aged over 24, you can get get advice and support from the council on finding an alternative home.

Advice and support from the council

If you need advice and support from the council, you'll need to complete our Housing Advice Form here first. We will then contact you to arrange an appointment to see you within 5 working days to discuss your housing situation with you. We will ask you to bring several documents to the appointment. The documents needed include ones that prove your identity and your eligibility to receive advice and support, your family's details, anything written about  your housing situation such as a letter asking you to leave and information about your income and expenditure. 

In the meantime you could go through the advice on the council's website for Looking for a private rented home or apply to the council's Housing Register for a housing association home.

Feedback button