Homeless or at risk of being homeless

Young person aged 16 or 17

If you're aged 16 or 17 and are homeless or threatened with homelessness, you should contact the Homeless Hub straightaway.  The Homeless Hub provides advice for 16/17 year olds on realistic housing options, can provide emergency Crashpad accommodation if it is available and help you get the support you need.  

If you need help at the weekend or evening when most offices are shut you can contact either:

  • Watford Borough Council on 01923 226400 or 
  • Hertfordshire County Council's Children's Services on 0300 123 404

Advice and support from the council

If you need advice and support from the council, please first complete our Housing Advice Form.  We will then contact you to arrange an appointment to see you within 5 working days to discuss your housing situation with you.  We will ask you to bring several documents to the appointment.  The documents needed include ones that prove your identity and your eligibility to receive advice and support, anything written about your housing situation such as a letter asking you to leave and information about your income and expenditure. 

Feedback button