Reporting nuisances

Complaints about light

Officers will investigate complaints about light and may be able to take action to stop it from affecting you.

You will be asked to complete a diary of when you are disturbed by the light and to describe how it affects you.

This allows us to see whether the issue is likely to be causing a 'statutory nuisance' and if we will be able to help you resolve it.

Making a complaint

We encourage you to approach your neighbour to talk to them about the problem before contacting the council.

In many cases, people do not realise that there is an issue and will try to resolve things with you. If this does not work, you can contact the council and ask for our help.

Report a light nuisance

If you have an open case please contact your case officer. If you resubmit another form this may delay our investigation.

Feedback button