Each block of flats may have different combinations of bin types as every block of flats is different. All residents living in flats should be provided with a reycling collection and non-recyclable waste collection. Please contact Veolia if the block you manage is missing any bins.
If you would like garden waste to be collected from a block of flats you manage you need to sign up to the chargeable garden waste collection service.
A review of all waste and recycling services for flats will start from February 2021, this will include reviewing the way we collect food waste.
Managing Agent Responsibilities
As a managing agent you are responsible for ensuring:
- the bins are clean
- the bins are accessible
- the removal of excess waste not contained within the bins
- contaminated bins are emptied (either via the council’s contractor or private arrangement)
- residents know how to use the waste and recycling service correctly
- understanding the reasons why a bin hasn't been emptied
- understand your duty of care