In this section
What waste and recycling isn't collected from my household bins?
We collect most waste and recycling in the brown, blue-lidded, green and black wheeled bins.
Over 60% of household waste is recyclable, please make sure you use the correct bin.
There are a number of items we can't collect, please ensure you dispose of these items correctly away from your household bins.
Common items we are not able to collect in your household bins (not limited to):
- Builders rubble
- Soil/soil like material e.g. compost
- Electrical items
- Engine parts
- Tins of paint
- Plaster board
- Gas bottles
- Duvets and pillows
- Waste from commercial activity (business waste)
If these items are found in any of your bins they will not be emptied. The crew will not return to empty your bin until your next scheduled collection day and the items have been removed.
How to dispose of them:
- Take to your local recycling centre
- Donate it to a charity shop (where appropriate)
- Call the council for a quote for a bulky waste collection
- Use the electricals take back scheme when buying a replacement item
- Set up a commercial waste collection