Sign up to the service
The sign up period will run from 1 September to 31 August every year. You can sign up or add additional green bins at anytime throughout the year, however collections will always end on 31 August. There are no discounts if you sign up part-way through the year and no refunds if you stop using the service.
If you have previously paid by card you can renew your service for the next period. For your service to continue without a break in collections please renew by early August.
If you paid by direct debit your service will renew automatically.
How does it work?
Follow these steps:
- Login or register to your My Watford account
- Sign up for the garden waste collection service
- After signing up, you will receive a sticker per bin showing you have paid (allow up to two weeks to arrive)
- Apply the sticker to the back of your green bin
- Put your bin out for collection on your property boundary by 6am on your collection day
- Return your bin to your property boundary within 24 hours of collection
Please note: Only bins with a valid sticker will be collected.
How much does it cost?
The garden waste collection service is chargeable, only green bins that are paid for and displaying the sticker (sent to you upon payment) will be emptied. The annual charge is £40, reduced to £35 for certain benefits (see terms and conditions).
You can have up to seven green bins, each charged at the same price.
Annual renewals will need to be made by early August every year to ensure there is not a break in your collections. If you have signed up to pay by Direct Debit your collections will automatically continue.
Find out more about the new waste and recycling service.