How does it work?
To ensure your collections continue when the new service starts on 1 September 2020 you will need to sign up online by early August 2020.
Follow these steps:
- Login or register to your My Watford account
- Sign up for the garden waste collection service
- After signing up, you will receive a sticker per bin showing you have paid (allow up to two weeks to arrive)
- Apply the sticker to the back of your green bin
- Put your bin out for collection on your property boundary by 6am on your collection day
- Return your bin to your property boundary within 24 hours of collection
Please note: Only bins with a valid sticker will be collected.
How much does it cost?
- £45 per bin per year (Debit or Credit Card)
- £40 per bin per year (Direct Debit)
- £35 per bin per year (with council-related benefits, no further reduction for Direct Debit)
This works out as £1.53 per collection based on signing up one bin with Direct Debit (with collections starting in September).
You can have up to seven green bins, each charged at the same price.
The sign up period will run from 1 September to 31 August every year. You can sign up or add additional green bins at anytime throughout the year, however collections will always end on 31 August. There are no discounts if you sign up part-way through the year and no refunds if you stop using the service.
Annual renewals will need to be made by early August every year to ensure there is not a break in your collections. If you have signed up to pay by Direct Debit your collections will automatically continue.
Find out more about the changes to your waste and recycling collections from September 2020.