In this section
If you have a problem with a council service
We're sorry if you feel you're not getting the right service from us.
This is something we want to put right for you today.
The best way to resolve most matters is always by contacting us
But if you've already spoken to us, you can make a complaint.
Complaints about a specific council service
The following services have their own complaints procedure.
If your issue relates to one of these, you should follow the link.
- service requests (you should contact the service responsible)
- missed bin collections
- offers of housing - request a review of the housing decision in writing email@example.com
- Council Tax bills
- Council Tax benefit and housing benefit decisions
- Housing Benefit decisions
- licensing decisions
- planning decisions contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- parking tickets
- councillor decisions - you can find further information on how the council works online or see the constitutional information
If you still need to make a complaint
If you've spoken to us about the problem, but feel it's not been fairly resolved, there is a formal complaints process you can use:
What you can't make a formal complaint about
These are situations you can't make a formal complaint about.
- something that has been to court or is going to court
- appeals to legal notices you should find information on appealing on the notice that was served
- insurance claims against us such as claims for damage caused to property