In this section
Building control charter
Our Building Control team are an experienced and pro-active group of surveyors committed to maintaining high standards of health and safety within the building industry.
As a not for profit public sector service, we are dedicated to improving the built environment for the Watford community.
Whether you are a homeowner or developer or your project is a residential, commercial or industrial scheme, we will work closely with you at every stage, guiding you through the whole building regulation process.
• Check your building plans
• Attend site inspections at short notice (same day if requested before 9:00am)
• Issue you with a completion certificate within 48 hours after the final inspection
• Offer you free advice and will respond promptly to enquiries
• Offer you a personal service to meet your building control needs
• Guarantee there will be no hidden costs for additional inspections
• Integrate with Development Management
Important information – Approved inspectors
Approved Inspectors are required to carry Professional Indemnity insurance and Professional Liability insurance from a scheme provider approved by the Secretary of State for Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG). One of these scheme providers is pulling out of the market leaving only one remaining provider.
While some Approved Inspectors have been able to transfer their policies, some haven’t been offered suitable cover. The CICAIR website includes details of insurances held by each Approved Inspector.
If your Approved Inspector hasn’t been able to transfer their policy or been offered suitable cover, and your project has commenced on site, then your building works will revert to us at Watford Building Control.
Please note: that the Approved Inspector you choose may not be local and the frequency of inspections may need to be determined.