In this section
Housing Strategy and action plan
Watford is an increasingly popular place to live. The council and its partners face a number of challenges in meeting the demand for good quality, affordable housing in the town.
Our Housing Strategy for 2015-2020 has been developed with key partners and looks to improve Watford's housing offer in a planned and sustainable way. We want to engage with our community and build a solid foundation for Watford's future wellbeing.
The importance of encouraging sustainable new development, as well as improving the condition of new homes, means that the Housing Strategy will support the delivery of the Local Plan and play a big part of the Economic Development Strategy.
The Housing Strategy includes:
- WBC Housing Strategy 2015-2020 (PDF 946kB) - containing details of the priorities for resources and the action plan. The action plan will be refreshed on an annual basis. The 2016/17 Annual Review (PDF 637kB) covering the actions plans for both the Housing and Homelessness Strategies is here
- WBC Housing Strategy 2015-2020 Need Analysis (PDF 778kB)- an analysis of housing needs in the town, which guided the development of the strategy.
- WBC Housing Strategy 2015-2020 National Contexts (PDF 554kB) - information on the national influences on the development of the strategy.
- WBC Housing Strategy 2015-2020 County and London Contexts (PDF 493kB) - information on the Hertfordshire county and London influences on the development of the strategy.
- WBC Housing Strategy 2015-2020 Local Contexts (PDF 524kB)- information on the local influences on the development of the strategy.