Temporary accommodation

Leaving temporary accommodation

Not everyone who goes into temporary accommodation, gets housed.   Those who do, may be offered social housing tenancy, or a private rented property.  Either way, you will have your own rental agreement with the landlord, and the Council will discharge their duty towards you.

In either circumstance, you may be asked to pay rent in advance and the social housing properties are never furnished.  You should prepare yourself for these expenses during your time in temporary accommodation.

We expect you to move out of your temporary accommodation and return the keys the day your new tenancy starts.  There can be no overlap.

Feedback button