In this section
Your rights and access to your information
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
The Data Protection Legislation also gives you additional rights about the information we hold about you and how we use it, including the right to:
- Withdraw consent and the right to object and restrict further processing of your data in certain circumstances; however, this may affect service delivery to you
- Request to have your data deleted where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing and provided that there are no legitimate grounds for retaining it
- Request your data to be rectified if it is inaccurate
- Have your data transferred or copied should you move to another
- Not be subject to automated decision-making including
You have the right to complain to us if you think we have not complied with our obligation for handling your personal information. Any complaint must be made in writing to the Council’s Data Protection Officer.
If you are not satisfied with the Council’s response, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You can report a concern by visiting the ICO website.
Automated decision making
Any Automated decision making carried out by the Council will be described in the relevant departmental Privacy Notice.