In this section
Watford Borough Council privacy notice - overview
The Councils privacy notice sets out:
- Our name and contact details
- How we collect your personal information
- The contact details of our Data Protection Officer
- The purposes and legal basis for processing your personal information
- The sources and categories of personal information we obtain
- The recipients or categories of recipients of your personal information
- The details of transfers of personal information overseas
- How long we keep your personal information
- Your rights and accessing your personal information
- Use of IP addresses and cookies
- When you must by law provide your personal information to us
- It applies to all personal information we collect whether by letter, email, face-to-face, telephone, online or any other method.
To find out more about how we process your personal information in specific circumstances you may need to refer to the service specific privacy notice giving more precise details of that processing. You can find this in any personal communications you may receive from any of our service departments or when you contact them directly. Service specific Privacy Notices are published below.
As the Council creates new services, this may generate a need to amend the Privacy Notice. If our Privacy Notice changes at any time in the future, it will be posted on this page.
Change in your personal circumstances
You must notify us immediately if there are any changes in your circumstances and personal details so we can maintain an accurate and up to date record of your information.