Watford Borough Council Privacy Notice - Overview
Data required to help support individuals in Watford:
During the current Covid-19 pandemic the Council will receive information from a number of sources identifying additional people in the community who have been advised to self-isolate for at least 12 weeks. We will also be seeking information about those who do not meet our normal criteria for service but who have become vulnerable because their normal support from family or friends may be interrupted or reduced.
We will do this in order to make sure we can fulfil our responsibilities to our residents and under central government direction. This will be identifiable data so that we know who to offer a service to, and how to get the service to them.
We will receive information direct from those seeking support and from other local authorities, our contractors and voluntary organisations.
We will share information back to providers and voluntary organisations where we feel they can help us meet your service needs.
This is a temporary arrangement and at the end of the pandemic we will securely dispose of any data held about people who do not need extra support.
Our lawful basis for processing the data is that it is part of our Public task and in in line with our official responsibilities.
Additionally for the duration of the pandemic it is a task in the substantial public interest and in line with government requirements.
Temporary changes to service delivery for normal services:
All departments of the Council are attempting to identify ways to replace services which have been temporarily removed. We will be replacing many face-to-face visits or activities with telephone or video conferencing.
We are trying to find the most secure methods of delivering these services, and again only intend to use them for the duration of the pandemic.
You should be informed of how your data is used by these external parties and WBC in a Privacy Notice before we start providing the service. These services are being provided under the same lawful basis as the original face-to-face service.
If you have any concerns about the use of your data please use the contact details on this privacy notice to contact us.
This Privacy Notice sets out:
- Our name and contact details
- How we collect your personal information
- The contact details of our Data Protection Officer
- The purposes and legal basis for processing your personal information
- The sources and categories of personal information we obtain
- The recipients or categories of recipients of your personal information
- The details of transfers of personal information overseas
- How long we keep your personal information
- Your rights and accessing your personal information
- Use of IP addresses and cookies
- When you must by law provide your personal information to us
- It applies to all personal information we collect whether by letter, email, face-to-face, telephone, online or any other method.
To find out more about how we process your personal information in specific circumstances you may need to refer to the Service specific privacy notice giving more precise details of that processing. You can find this in any personal communications you may receive from any of our service departments or when you contact them directly. Service specific Privacy Notices are published below.
We seek to comply at all times with the General Data Protection Regulation and the UK Data Protection Act (the Data Protection Legislation).