Contact planning enforcement

If you know of a development that is being built, altered or having its use changed without permission, you can report it online.

Planning breaches you can report

You can report the following:

  • a development without planning permission
  • a development not built to agreed permission
  • unauthorised change of use
  • unauthorised works to a listed building
  • an advert that needs consent
  • unauthorised works to a tree with a tree preservation order
  • breach of planning permission conditions

Before you contact us

Before you report something, you must check if the work:

  • already has planning permission
  • needs planning permission
  • if it's a matter we investigate (see below)

Check if the work has planning permission

You can see if the development has planning permission using a simple postcode search

See if the development is allowed

Some development work can be done without planning permission.

This is called permitted development.

See if the work is permitted development on the planning portal website

What we can't investigate

The following complaints aren't included as planning breaches and you'll need to report them separately. 

Report a planning breach online

Report a planning breach online

You'll usually be contacted within 3 working days.

Feedback button