Useful contacts for licensing applications

Useful contacts

Below you can find the details of the responsible authorities who need to be provided with copies of applications for the grant, variation or review of a premises licence or club premises certificate under the Licensing Act 2003.

The original application must always be submitted to the licensing authority at Watford Borough Council.

Copies of Temporary Event Notices only need to be given to the Police and the council's Environmental Health team.

Copies of applications to name a Designated Premises Supervisor only need to be given to the Police.

Copies of applications to transfer a licence must be given to the Police and Immigration Enforcement (but Immigration Enforcement only need to receive a copy if the transfer relates to a premises which permits the sale of alcohol or the provision of late night refreshment - the Police must receive a copy in all circumstances).

If you apply online then you do not need to send copies to any of these authorities.

Environmental Health
Watford Borough Council
Town Hall
WD17 3EX
01923 278503

Licensing Enforcement Officer
Hertfordshire Constabulary
Community Safety Unit
Police Station
3 George Street
WD18 0BX
01923 472938

Hertfordshire Safeguarding Children Partnership
Hertfordshire County Council
Room 127
County Hall
Pegs Lane
SG13 8DE
01992 588757

Fire Protection Manager
Fire Protection
Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service
Mundells MU103
Welwyn Garden City
01707 292310

Chief Trading Standards Officer
Hertfordshire Trading Standards
Hertfordshire County Council
Welwyn Garden City
01707 292429

Head of Planning and Development
Watford Borough Council
Town Hall
WD17 3EX
01923 226400

Health Improvement Manager
Public Health
Hertfordshire County Council
Postal Point SFAR 232
Farnham House
Six Hills Way
01438 844088

Home Office Immigration Enforcement
Alcohol Licensing Team
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road

Feedback button