In this section
Reporting dumped rubbish or fly tipping
When you tell us about a fly tip, we'll ask you for the following information so we can investigate it as fully as possible:
- location of the fly tip
- Type of waste that has been dumped
- Any other supporting information
And, if known:
- Date and time the fly tip happened
- Name of any offenders or business the waste came from
- Details of any vehicles involved including make, model and registration
If you witness a fly tip in action, please call 999, as this is a criminal activity.
Removal times for dumped waste on public land will depend on the type and amount of waste. We aim to collect:
- small (under 3m3) or hazardous fly tips on the same or following working day
- large (over 3m3) fly tips within two working days
Please note: Removal times may be longer if we need extra staff or equipment to remove the waste. Or, where we are investigating the source of the dumped rubbish.
Information on dumped rubbish on private land, can be found on the dumped rubbish on private land page.