In this section
How we support you
As a resident of Watford, you deserve the best customer service from your council.
That's why we've developed a set of customer standards to make sure you always get the best support from us.
What happens when you contact us
You can contact us online, by phone or in writing.
We treat all contact you make equally and have a set of standards for each.
Contacting through the website, email or in writing
- you'll get a reply in 5 working days (10 working days for revenues and benefits questions)
- if there's a delay responding to you, we'll let you know what's happening and how long it will take
- if you contact us by email or through the website, you'll get a notification to show we've received it
Contacting by phone
- your call is usually answered in 2 minutes
- you'll always be treated politely and professionally
- if we can't answer your call, you can leave a message and we will call you back in 1 working day
Visiting council offices
- all our offices will open at the published times and be accessible to everyone
- staff will wear a name badge, be polite, friendly and helpful
- you'll be assisted as soon as possible, but if there is a wait we'll let you know
- you'll be offered a private room for confidential matters
- you'll always be informed before we visit your home
- visiting staff will always show you official identification
If you feel you're not getting the right support
You should contact us today and let us know