In this section
If there's an emergency, you can get support by contacting council customer support between 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
However, we understand that not all problems happen between 9am and 5pm. For these situations, you can contact the out of hours service.
When to contact out of hours service
If the emergency can't wait until weekday business hours, you can contact the emergency line in the evenings or weekends.
Phone 01923 226400 and select option 1
If there's a crime happening or you're in immediate danger, please contact the police on 101 or 999
Emergencies you should contact us about
You can use the out of hours service for:
- homeless emergencies (24 hours every day)
- domestic violence (24 hours every day)
- noise - like burglar alarms, car alarms, domestic noise, noise from commercial premises (available Friday 4.45pm to Monday 1am)
- smoke nuisance - like bonfires, factories (available Friday 4.45pm to Monday 1am)
- parks and cemeteries - like emergencies relating to trespassers, noisy intruders, fire and dangerous trees (24 hours every day)
- dangerous structures (24 hours every day)
- alarm activations or emergency repairs at council-owned properties (24 hours every day)
- civil emergencies, emergency planning or situations affecting public health - like flooding, explosions (24 hours every day)
- contained stray dogs requiring collection - see information on stray dogs
Other emergency contacts
Watford Community Trust emergency repairs line 0800 218 2247
Highways related issues - contact Herts County Council phone 0300 123 4047