Complaints and Compliments

Making a complaint

How to complain

You can make a complaint if you think we have:

  • treated you unfairly or disrespectfully
  • not done something we should have done
  • not provided any information you have asked for under the Freedom of Information Act
  • not provided the information you have asked for under the Environmental Information Regulations 2004
  • done something badly
  • not delivered a service within the time we promised

When making a complaint set out your complaint clearly, giving as much details as possible using our online form.

We will always try to resolve your complaint at first contact and aim to respond to all queries within 10 working days. If we’re going to take longer, we’ll let you know why and when we can reply.

More information is available in our complaints policy.

What is not covered under the complaints procedure?

We may deal with some complaints under a separate procedure, such as:

  • A request for service (e.g to request a replacement refuse bin)
  • Rehousing
  • Offers of housing
  • Council Tax bills and Council Tax, Benefit decisions
  • Housing Benefit decisions
  • Licensing decisions
  • Planning decisions
  • Parking tickets
  • Appeals to legal notices
  • Decisions our councillors have made
  • Complaints about something that has been to court or is going to court
  • Formal cautions such as those about noise nuisance
  • Insurance claims against us such as claims for damage caused to property

Under our complaints procedure we also do not deal with:

  • complaints about something that happened more than one year ago
  • complaints about something that has been to court or will be going to court or formal cautions
  • insurance claims against us. This is dealt by the councils Insurance Officer, please email

Complaint's Policy:

View WBC's Complaints Policy.

rating button