In this section
Apply for training bursary
If you’re a club volunteer you can apply for a grant to earn qualifications and develop your skills.
The sports club bursary is open to all volunteers at Watford based sports clubs.
Find out if you can apply
To apply you must meet the following criteria:
- You must meet the minimum age criteria set by your respective national governing body.
- Be an active volunteer of a sports club in Watford that is affiliated to its appropriate governing body.
- You can apply to the bursary scheme at any time of the year, but you must be able to start your training by the end of the financial year (31 March).
There are two ways to access courses in the scheme:
- Courses run by national governing bodies of sport. These include Activator role, Level 1, Level 2 coaching courses and officials/referees courses.
Please consult the relevant sport's national governing body website for full course details.
- The Herts Sports Partnership's coach education programme
- other workshops and courses can be considered on a discretionary basis.
Levels of funding available
The funding you get depends on the course level:
Bursaries can be between £25 to 200, or 50% of the course fee.
You’ll get a reply in 2 to 4 weeks of sending your application.
The bursary is paid directly to the course providers or the associated sports club.