Due to the huge demand on my funding programme, I have had to close the Mayor’s Small Grants Fund 2021-22. My next decision meeting is scheduled to take place in July. If there is any remaining budget left available after this meeting, I will re-open the programme for new applications so watch this space. This fund aims to provide informal groups, ‘not for profit’ Voluntary & Community Sector (VCS) constituted organisations, registered charities, Community Interest Companies (CIC) and sports clubs the opportunity to apply for a grant to help towards:
- A community initiative or project
- Green/sustainable projects – that support our commitment to reduce the carbon footprint of the borough
- Items of equipment including sports equipment
- General running costs including those that will help an organisation to continue to provide its core services/activities.
All funding awarded must be able to demonstrate the benefit to Watford residents.
We are particularly keen to encourage applications from BAME organisations and/or organisations that support BAME communities.
You may also like to read the Success Stories Newsletter which provides information and case studies of organisations and projects we have supported.
COVID-19 Community Charity Appeal
At this unprecedented time of disruption and uncertainty, our local charities and community groups are playing a vital role in supporting residents across our community. We have set up a special appeal in partnership with W3RT which will be used to support key Watford based charities providing frontline response to the impact of COVID-19. To find out how your group may be able to access this funding please contact Emily Douse at Watford CVS on CVS@W3RT.org. To donate, please visit www.mywellbeing.community/covid19-appeal or follow the instructions below:
- To donate £1, text WATFORD to 70201
- To donate £3, text WATFORD to 70331
- To donate £5, text WATFORD to 70970
- To donate £10, text WATFORD to 70191