Due to an overwhelming response to the Mayor’s Small Grants Fund 2019-20 we are currently not accepting any new applications.
Our new 2020-21 programme will open for applications on 1 April 2020.
Information for funding next year
The fund offers not-for-profit Voluntary & Community Sector (VCS) groups the opportunity to apply for a grant to help towards a community initiative, project, and/or items of equipment.
How can I use the grant?
You can use the grant for:
- Event publicity including leaflets, flyers, banners etc.
- Catering and/or refreshments
- Hall hire (related to the project only)
- Cost of hiring instructors, trainers, facilitators, counsellors
- Project management costs and expenses
- Insurance (public liability insurance specific to an event)
- Project materials (stationary, printer, tablet, etc.
- Sports equipment (up to £1000 per organisation)
- Environmental projects, e.g. neighbourhood clean-ups
- Cultural projects and events
Can I apply?
The grant is available to:
- Informal groups (a group of neighbours, a playgroup, a senior citizens group, etc.)
- Community organisations
- Grass root groups
- Social enterprises
- Community interest groups
You can't apply for the grant if you're an individual, a sole trader, a statutory organisation (councils, schools, NHS, police, etc.) or a private business.
How much do I get?
You can apply for a maximum of £3000. Sports clubs can apply for a maximum of £1000 for sports equipment. You can spread this across more than one application.
Find out more
If you want to find out more about applying for a small grant or want to discuss your application in more detail, please email our small grants team.