Housing advice and support

Getting support

If you are homeless now

If you are homeless right now, please complete our Housing Advice Form.

If you are not homeless now 

But think you may be threatened with homelessness in the next 56 day because:

  • You have received something in writing, like a S21 notice from your private landlord or a notice to quit or notice seeking possession from a your housing association landlord that is bringing your tenancy to an end by a certain date
  • You are staying/living with your parents, other family or friends and they have asked you to find somewhere else to live. 

First have a look at the information advice and information available on our website on what you can do in your situation. 

If you still need to speak to someone at the council because you may be homeless in the next 56 days you should complete our Housing Advice Form to explain what's happening.  We will contact you and arrange an appointment to see you to within three working days to discuss your housing situation with you.  We'll ask you to bring several documents to the appointment including ones that prove your identity and your eligibility to receive advice and support, your family's details, anything to do with your housing situation such as a tenancy agreement and notice asking you to leave, and information about your income and expenditure. 

If you need some general advice on housing tell us about your circumstances by completing our Housing Advice Form. Someone from our team will get in touch to give you advice. 

Feedback button