In this section
Domestic pest control
Pest control officers deal with pests that might affect public health. For example, rats can damage woodwork and cables and transmit disease.
We also treat other pests, including mice, squirrels, pharaoh's ants, wasps, fleas, bed bugs and cockroaches.
For rodents please download our fact sheets for rats (PDF 111kB) and mice (PDF 116kB). You will need professional help to remove rodents, as they can burrow, climb and jump. You also need to take action urgently as they can breed very rapidly. View the fees and charges for rat treatments or mice treatment.
- mechanical traps can be less effective, as rodents may avoid them
- ultrasonic boxes can be used as a deterrent, but rodents may ignore them
- poison baits are the best solution
If you are a business that has a pest problem we may be able to help. Please contact us for advice.
We do not treat bees, however, if you have a nest that is causing issues, you should contact a local bee keeper through the British Bee Association.
We charge for all pest treatment services, which can you view on our treatment fees page.
Three Rivers District Council
Watford Borough Council carries out pest control services for properties in the Three Rivers District area on behalf of Three Rivers District Council. View which pests can be treated and the various prices online.
General advice on pest control
- keep refuse bin areas clean, clean up spillages of food material
- residents should manage communal bin areas responsibly
- keep buildings in good repair, seal gaps around doors and other possible access gaps
- clear away rubbish, debris and any overgrown vegetation
To book a treatment for any of the above, please call us during office hours on 01923 226400.