Mayor's small grants fund
Due to the huge demand on the Mayor’s Small Grants Fund 2022-23 and pending the outcome of current applications, we are unable to accept any new applications at this time. Please keep checking this webpage as any further updates will be provided here.
This fund aims to provide informal groups, ‘not for profit’ Voluntary & Community Sector (VCS) constituted organisations, registered charities, Community Interest Companies (CIC) and sports clubs the opportunity to apply for a grant of up to £3000 to help towards:
- A community initiative or project including centenary events that bring communities together
- Items of equipment including sports equipment
- A community initiative, project/event that supports health & wellbeing
- Green/sustainable projects – that support our commitment to reduce the carbon footprint of the borough
We are particularly keen to encourage applications from BAME organisations and/or organisations that support BAME communities.
COVID-19 Community Charity Appeal
At this unprecedented time of disruption and uncertainty, our local charities and community groups are playing a vital role in supporting residents across our community. We have set up a special appeal in partnership with W3RT which will be used to support key Watford based charities providing frontline response to the impact of COVID-19. To find out how your group may be able to access this funding please contact Emily Douse at Watford CVS. To donate, please visit our website or follow the instructions below:
- To donate £1, text WATFORD to 70201
- To donate £3, text WATFORD to 70331
- To donate £5, text WATFORD to 70970
- To donate £10, text WATFORD to 70191