In this section
Discover Cheslyn House and gardens
We will soon be undertaking repairs and maintenance at Cheslyn House and Gardens. The works will commence on Monday 21 March 2022. We are working closely with our contractor to ensure minimum disruption for public access to the gardens
Cheslyn House gardens are 3.5 acres of beautifully designed gardens and woodlands where you and your family can explore and relax.
Explore the gardens
The gardens are designed by architect Henry Colbeck and his wife, Daisy, and they contain exotic plants they collected while travelling the world.
- landscaped gardens
The following are available to visitors
- toilets on site.
- wheelchair access in the open area at the front, and limited access to the woodland area at the back.
- dogs are permitted in the gardens on leads. Please clean up after your dog.
Cheslyn House gardens are open all year round, except for Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
- November to February - 9am to 4pm
- March and October - 9am to 6pm
- April and September - 9am to 7pm
- May to August - 9am to 8pm
Getting to Cheslyn House gardens
There are many ways to visit:
- bus: numbers R8 and 318 to Ridge Lane bus stop
- train: 1.3 miles from Watford Junction station
- car: there's a small car park and limited roadside parking
- see a map of Cheslyn House