Cheslyn House and Gardens is Watford's best kept secret and a Green Flag Award winner.
November to February
9am to 4pm
March and October
9am to 6pm
April to September
9am to 8pm
Open all year round, except for Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day
- Bus - R8 and 318
- Train - Watford Junction is approximately 25 minutes walk away
- Small car park and limited roadside parking
- See map
What can be seen at Cheslyn?
- Formal, open area
- Semi-natural woodland area
- Aviary with budgerigars, quail, assorted finches and other varieties of small birds
- Wildlife and plants
- Cheslyn House
- Toilets (open dawn till dusk)
The house can be hired for some events:
- Small charity/community/voluntary functions
- Wheelchair access to the formal open area at the front
- Limited wheelchair access to the semi natural woodland area at the back
Dogs are permitted in the gardens on leads. Please clean up after your dog.