In this section
Sustainable business grants
There are a number of grants and schemes available to help your business become more sustainable:
- Minimum project size supported: £3,000
- Grants of up to £5,000 for energy efficiency improvements
- Grant percentage: 33% for total project cost
- Grants for: building fabric, cooling, heating, lighting, equipment improvements and solar PV
- Advice on energy reduction opportunities
- Minimum project size supported: £4,000
- No maximum grant value
- Grant percentage: 25% for total project costs
- Includes: Vehicle fleet audits, site energy surveys, advanced metering systems, innovation support, research collaboration for innovation and net zero action planning
- Low carbon, energy and waste management - flexible training to help your business progress.
- £400,000 has been made available by the Department for Transport in 2021/22 for the purchase of eCargo bikes, to support businesses switching to a sustainable transport solution.
- The scheme is managed by the Energy Saving Trust and to find out more, including the criteria and eligibility, visit their website.
- You can get a discount on the price of brand new low-emission vehicles through a grant the government gives to vehicle dealerships and manufacturers.
- Grants are available of up to £2,500 for electric vehicles on cars priced under £35,000.
- The Workplace Charging Scheme is a voucher-based scheme that provides support towards the up-front costs of the purchase and installation of electric vehicle chargepoints.
- applicants - businesses, charities and public sector organisations
- electric vehicle chargepoint installers
- manufacturers of electric vehicle chargepoint equipment
- Herts 2025 led by Electric Blue is increasing the uptake of zero-emission electric vehicles (EVs) within the taxi industry.
- Preferential rates on purchasing a car
- Reduced licensing fees
- Advice on grants available from the Government