In this section
Sustainable business grants
There are a number of grants and schemes available to help your business become more sustainable:
- Minimum project size supported: £3,000
- Grants of up to £5,000 for energy efficiency improvements
- Grant percentage: 33% for total project cost
- Grants for: building fabric, cooling, heating, lighting, equipment improvements and solar PV
- Advice on energy reduction opportunities
Eastern New Energy Grant and Fully Funded Low Carbon Advice and Support
- Minimum project size supported: £4,000
- No maximum grant value
- Grant percentage: 25% for total project costs
- Includes: Vehicle fleet audits, site energy surveys, advanced metering systems, innovation support, research collaboration for innovation and net zero action planning
Fully funded training for workforce as part of Serco’s Skills Support for the Workforce
- Low carbon, energy and waste management - flexible training to help your business progress.
- £400,000 has been made available by the Department for Transport in 2021/22 for the purchase of eCargo bikes, to support businesses switching to a sustainable transport solution.
- The scheme is managed by the Energy Saving Trust and to find out more, including the criteria and eligibility, visit their website.
- You can get a discount on the price of brand new low-emission vehicles through a grant the government gives to vehicle dealerships and manufacturers.
- Grants are available of up to £2,500 for electric vehicles on cars priced under £35,000.
- The Workplace Charging Scheme is a voucher-based scheme that provides support towards the up-front costs of the purchase and installation of electric vehicle chargepoints.
- applicants - businesses, charities and public sector organisations
- electric vehicle chargepoint installers
- manufacturers of electric vehicle chargepoint equipment
- Herts 2025 led by Electric Blue is increasing the uptake of zero-emission electric vehicles (EVs) within the taxi industry.
- Preferential rates on purchasing a car
- Reduced licensing fees
- Advice on grants available from the Government