--- New parking at Woodside to benefit users
A new car parking system will be in operation at the leisure centre from 16 January 2020. Parking for centre users will remain free, but a maximum time limit of four hours will be introduced. Each vehicle will be required to get a ticket on arrival and display it in their car windscreen.
The aim of the new system is to discourage people from parking in the lower car parks all day and free up much needed spaces for users of the leisure centre and includes the following rules:
- Car park users are required on arrival to get a ticket from one of the seven obtain and display parking machines located in the lower carparks.
- The ticket must be displayed clearly in the vehicle windscreen
- After the free four hour period has elapsed there will be no return to park within one hour.
- Failure to display a valid ticket will result in a parking fine PCN (Penalty Charge Notice).
- The enforcement will be undertaken by Watford Borough Council’s parking service
- Current hours of operation for parking will still apply: Monday to Friday 6.30am to 10.30pm and Saturday and Sunday 7.30am to 8pm
- The maximum four hour stay will also apply to disabled blue badge holders – which you will still be required to obtain and display a ticket from one of the machines.
- The four hour restriction will not apply to the top car park (adjacent to the cricket pitch).
- New pick up and drop off spaces have been installed along the access road to the leisure centre reception. These bays will be restricted to a maximum stay of 20 minutes.