Latest News (www.watford.gov.uk/coronavirus)
- Playgrounds and outdoor gyms - All outdoor facilities are now open – see the list here.
- Parking - Further parking enforcement rules to apply from 8 July.
- Coronavirus temporary town changes - changes have been made to Watford Town Centre to better support social distancing
- Advice to businesses re-opening - View our advice and useful links to help you with your planned reopening.
- Coronavirus testing for Hertfordshire residents and employees
- Apply for a Small Business Grant Fund and Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund
- Update on services - To get status updates on all services/projects/events/facilities during this period click here.
- Watford COVID-19 Charity Appeal - helping local charities survive through to the recovery phase and beyond.
- Get support from Watford Helps - helping vulnerable people in the community
Rubbish and recycling
- New Government support being rolled out – no need to apply (CURRENT Claimants)
- Pay your Council tax
- Set up a direct debit
- Certificate of student status
- Council tax self service
- Discounts and exemptions
- How much is my council tax
- Business rates contact information
- Council tax contact information
- Report a move
Elections and voting
Planning and building control
Housing and community
Parks, culture & recreation
Business and licensing
Councillors and decision making
Council and local charity devise new post-covid plan to keep rough sleepers off the streets
A new customised facility and service within the One YMCA hostel in Charter Place has been jointly designed and mobilised...Read full story
ArrivaClick launched to provide a safe and sustainable transport for travel in WatfordRead full story
UPDATE: All of Watford’s outdoor facilities now open
Watford Borough Council is working with its partner Veolia to reopen playgrounds and outdoor gyms following the government's announcement to further relax Covid-19 measures from Saturday 4 July...Read full story
Council urges residents to play their part in Watford’s safe reopening weekend
Watford Borough Council is working closely with the town’s restaurants, pubs and bars to get ready to safely reopen to the public from Saturday 4 July.Read full story
Help shape Watford’s response to climate emergency
A new survey is being launched to Watford residents today asking for their views on how to improve sustainability in the borough and in people’s own day to day activities and behaviours...Read full story
Station forecourt improvements kickstart plans to transform Watford Junction Station
Work has started on one the first of a series of improvement projects aimed at bringing Watford Junction into the 21st century...Read full story
Statement regarding closure of John Lewis
Watford Borough Council’s Cabinet approved a new Council Plan 2020-24 at its meeting tonight (6 July)...
Watford Borough Council’s Cabinet has tonight (Monday 6 July) agreed a new and radical five-year plan to tackle homelessness and rough sleeping in the town...
Watford Borough Council has been working with its partner Veolia to reopen playgrounds and outdoor gyms following the government's announcement to further relax Covid-19 measures from Saturday 4 July.RSS news feed
- About About 2 hours ago
- About About 3 hours ago
- About About 3 hours ago
🐦 The watercress beds in Cassiobury Park LNR will be undergoing a wetlands restoration project to bring it back int… https://t.co/3t7fiu6AydAbout About 3 hours ago
- About About 6 hours ago