PARK ALERT: In conjuction with Herts Police, we have closed Cassiobury Car Park (Gade Avenue). The car park was regularly near full capacity, making social distancing very difficult and people travelling to park were putting other people at risk. Please do NOT drive to any parks in Watford, only use those local to you.
Coronavirus Updates (more information at www.watford.gov.uk/coronavirus)
- Getting support - Information on how to get support during this difficult time can be found on our support pages. This includes support for those who have received a shielding letter from the government
- Volunteering - If you want to volunteer in Watford: www.watford.gov.uk/covid-volunteers
- Council Tax - There is NO need to apply for council tax support (for those already in receipt of council tax support) with the new government support
- Business Support - access the support and funding that has been made available at www.watford.gov.uk/businesses-covid
- Advice for Businesses - Information on keeping safe, avoiding infection and preventing further spread.
- Parking - We are no longer carrying out enforcement of the council's off street car parks or permit, pay and display and shared use bays.
- Waste - Green bin collections will stop temporarily from 20 April. This is to focus Veolia’s available staff on making sure the black bin and blue lidded bins are collected as usual. From now start putting your food waste in your black bin. For the moment your black bin and blue-lidded bin will continue to be collected as normal. Bulky waste collections are now suspended. The waste and recycling centres (HCC) are closed until further notice.
- Town Hall closed - Our Customer Service Centre is working remotely. If you have an urgent enquiry please call 01923 226400.
- Wiggenhall Depot - closed to the general public. Please email Veolia with any queries email@example.com or call 020 3567 6900.
- Public Events - Watford’s, bars, restaurants, cafés, libraries, leisure centres, play areas and Woodside Stadium closed.
- North Watford and Vicarage Road cemeteries and West Herts crematorium are now closed to the public (except for funerals/burial services)
- Elections - The government has postponed all elections that were due to take place on 7 May 2020.
- Transport / Major Projects (PAUSED) - St Albans Road revitalisation, refurbishment of Watford Junction station forecourt, installation of EV charging points and new parking scheme have been paused.
Rubbish and recycling
- New Government support being rolled out – no need to apply (CURRENT Claimants)
- Pay your Council tax
- Set up a direct debit
- Certificate of student status
- Council tax self service
- Discounts and exemptions
- How much is my council tax
- Business rates contact information
- Council tax contact information
- Report a move
Elections and voting
Planning and building control
Housing and community
Parks, culture & recreation
Business and licensing
Councillors and decision making
Amazing community spirit in Watford will link outstanding volunteer response to those in needRead full story
Changes to parking restrictions in Watford - COVID-19 Update (30 March)
From Tuesday 24 March, Watford Borough Council introduced a number of changes to how parking is managed across Watford...Read full story
Watford Borough Council agrees changes to decision-making to respond to coronavirus guidance
Watford Borough Council agreed a range of measures at its Council meeting on 17 March that will ensure key council decisions continue to be made during the current pandemic...Read full story
Watford Borough Council has published its draft five year strategy on homelessness and rough sleeping and is seeking resident and stakeholder feedback on the proposed plans.
Green waste collections across Watford will stop temporarily due to COVID-19
Nearly 500 people have responded to a call to help provide support for those most in need across Watford by signing up to the recently launched ‘Watford Helps’ volunteering initiative...
Coronavirus update - message from Elected Mayor of Watford Peter TaylorRSS news feed
- About About 15 hours ago
💛 We are extremely thankful of how our town is rising to the many challenges of the coronavirus emergency. Thank yo… https://t.co/kk6Z7tzws6About About 15 hours ago
- About About 16 hours ago
To remember and pay respect to John Alagos, his health service colleagues across the country and people in Watford… https://t.co/9iXI2E1uwtAbout About 21 hours ago
Colleagues at Watford General Hospital have set-up a GoFundMe page for their friend John. This is their way of supp… https://t.co/VoGagGGNO7About 1 day ago