The Christmas Support Payment (CSP) supports wet-led pubs that have been severely impacted over the Christmas period due to temporary local restrictions.
Eligible pubs will be paid a lump-sum payment of £1,000.
Applications will be open until 31 January.
When making an application you will need:
- Your bank details
- Your business rate account reference number (if paid)
- Your VAT number (if registered)
- Company registration number (if registered with Companies House)
- A bank statement or headed paper alternative
- Proof of loss of income
- Evidence of fixed costs
Your pub may be eligible if you:
- Derive less than 50% of your sales from food
- Were established in the pub before 1 December 2020
Your pub will not be eligible if it:
- Has reached the state aid limit. The Christmas Support Payment (CSP) counts towards the total de minimis state aid allowed over a three-year period (€200,000). If you have reached that threshold, you may still be eligible for funding under the COVID-19 Temporary Framework where the limit is €800,000.
- For the avoidance of doubt, businesses that were in administration, are insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made at the date of the local lockdown are not eligible for funding under this scheme.
Any business caught falsifying their records to gain grant money will face prosecution and any funding issued will be subject to claw back.
The Council has launched a free business support programme for Watford businesses providing one-to-one business advice, skills training webinars, workshops and specialist support. The Business Recovery and Growth programme is available to all Watford businesses to help them adapt and grow. Find out more about the free programme and how to contact.
If you have any questions, please email our Business Grants team.