In this section
Brownfield land is previously developed land which is not currently in use, that could potentially be developed on.
Search for brownfield sites in Watford
You can download the register of Brownfield sites from Watford Borough Council (XLSX 15.94kB)
Or you can search a map of Brownfield sites in Watford.
Criteria for a Brownfield site
To be on the Brownfield register, sites need to be:
- on previously developed land
- capable of supporting the development of 5 or more dwellings or be at least 0.25 hectares in size
- suitable for residential use
- free from any constraints that cannot be mitigated
- deliverable within 5 years