Voting is now open for the annual Service Excellence Awards run by Watford Business Improvement District...
The awards – in their fourth year - recognise businesses in Watford town centre for their outstanding customer and client service.
To vote visit www.watfordbid.co.uk/excellence-awards or visit your favourite town centre businesses and complete a voting card. Voting closes at midnight on Friday 17 January 2020.
Winners will be decided based on the collective results of the public vote, an independent mystery shopping visit and customer interviews for retailers and banks. The winners will be announced at a black-tie awards ceremony at Watford Colosseum on Tuesday 3 March 2020.
The Service Excellence Awards cover 15 categories across the main business sectors operating in the town centre area.
Categories and finalists for 2019 are:
- Bank: Metro Bank, HSBC
- Bar: The Florist, Steinbeck & Shaw, The Colombia Press, Walkabout, Slug & Lettuce, Bar Bodega
- Café and Coffee Shop: Shakeaway, Loaf & Bloom
- Community & Voluntary: Citizens Advice Bureau, Home-Start Watford and Three Rivers
- Consumer Services: Flight Centre, No 1 Currency
- Leisure & Live entertainment: Pump House Theatre, Watford Colosseum, One YMCA, Fitness4Less, Everyone Active
- Estate Agents, Office and Professional Services: Warren Anthony Estate Agents, Sugarman Health and Wellbeing
- Hair, Beauty and Professional Services: Artisan, Window to the Womb
- Nightclub: PRYZM, Pop World
- Pub: Bosleys, The Moon Under Water
- Hotel/Restaurant: Jury’s Inn, MOD Pizza, Las Iguanas, Wagamama, Pizza Express
- Retailer (Independent): Fancy Dress Castle & Castle Balloons, G Gibson Butchers, Runners World, Situls Gifts, The End, Laptop and PC Solutions
- Retailer (National - large): Debenhams, John Lewis & Partners, M&S, Sainsbury’s, Uniqlo
- Retailer (National - small): Hotel Chocolat, Lakeland, Hugo Boss, Jack Wills
- Takeaway & Fast Food: Fire Away, WrapChic
Awards will also be presented for an Excellent Employee and for Security and Door Staff who have been nominated by their employers for excellent customer service.
The awards are sponsored by headline sponsors Murrill Construction and waev taxis, with Media partners Watford Observer for the fourth year running. Aspect Property Group have also once again joined on as one of the sponsors of the awards.
For further information about the Watford BID Service Excellence Awards 2019 visit: www.watfordbid.co.uk/excellence-awards