Watford Borough Council has announced that it is reopening the Town Hall on a limited basis from Monday 12 April...
Watford Borough Council has announced that it is reopening the Town Hall on a limited basis from Monday 12 April. To ensure the protection of both staff and customers, significant Covid-19 health and safety measures will be in place.
The Town Hall will be open on Mondays (9am to 3pm), Wednesdays (from 11am to 5pm) and Fridays (9am to 3pm) only. As the service will be very limited, there will be no drop-in service for council tax, benefits or housing requirements and because of the additional social distancing measures that will be in place, the council is continuing to encourage residents to use its online and telephone services wherever possible.
There will be changes to the numbers of people that can be accommodated in the Town Hall, this may mean you have to queue to enter the building.
Several changes have been made to the ground floor of the building and how the council operates to ensure your safety and the safety of staff. These include:
- Track and trace details will be taken for all customers entering the building
- Health and safety measures will be implemented: essential signage, hand sanitising stations, perspex screens, deep cleaning and other necessary arrangements.
- Face coverings must be worn by staff and customers (except those who are exempt)
- You will have to sanitise your hands on entering and exiting the building and officers will sanitise surfaces after every visitor.
- A one-way system will be in place to ensure social distancing.
- The front / inwards entrance will be the door located near the Watford War Memorial and Library. The back / outwards entrance will be via the Town Hall Car Park. People who use wheelchairs can use the back entrance upon request.
A wide range of council services, including paying bills and reporting a problem, can be accessed on the council's website through smartphones, tablets and computers. Our new customer self-service portal ‘MyWatford’ gives you real-time information on your rubbish, recycling and garden waste collections, council tax account and much more. You can access this via www.watford.gov.uk