As a small charity going through a period of significant growth, Homestart Watford and Three Rivers are recruiting a number of voluntary positions to join our Board of Trustees...
The successful charity provide a family support service throughout Watford, Three Rivers and Hertsmere. They do this by providing a unique regular home-visiting service by trained volunteers who give compassionate and expert support to a diverse range of families with young children.
Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of young children and their families? Whether you are an experienced Trustee or wanting to take your first step at Board level, Homestart welcome your interest. This is a fantastic opportunity to become involved with a vibrant, dynamic and innovate forward thinking Trustee Board, shaping the future and the services we provide for local families in your community
They welcome applications from all ages and backgrounds, and would particularly welcome interest from BME groups to ensure good representation of our local community.
The new Trustees will have experience and skills in one or more of the following areas:-
- Safeguarding and Childrens Services
- Benefits, finances and Housng advice
- Parental and Infant/Child Mental Health
- Fundraising, Marketing and Communications
As a Trustee you will have:
- The chance to work constructively and enthusiastically as a team in the Board’s decision-making processes;
- The opportunity to get involved in every aspect of the charity;
- New and stimulating challenges that will enable you to utilise and enhance your skills;
- The Influence to help create innovative projects;
- The opportunity to make a difference to the lives of parents and young children.
Induction & training is provided and expenses reimbursed.
The expected time commitment is six Trustee meetings (evenings) a year in person at our Watford office and/or remotely, one full strategy day a year and some ad hoc consultation and support (approx. 4 hours pcm).
Deadline for applications: 5 October 2020
Interviews to follow in mid-October.
For an application please contact/send in a covering email with a CV to: -
Simone Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org