Due to the rapid spread of the new strain of Covid-19, which is putting our NHS under impossible pressure, a further period of national lockdown has been announced by Government. You should follow this guidance immediately. Find out what you can and cannot do below.
You must stay at home. The single most important action we can all take is to stay at home to protect the NHS and save lives. You must not leave, or be outside of your home except where necessary. You may leave the home to:
- shop for basic necessities, for you or a vulnerable person
- go to work, or provide voluntary or charitable services, if you cannot reasonably do so from home
- exercise with your household (or support bubble) or one other person, this should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.
- meet your support bubble or childcare bubble where necessary, but only if you are legally permitted to form one
- seek medical assistance or avoid injury, illness or risk of harm (including domestic abuse)
- attend education or childcare - for those eligible