Watford Helps (Support)
On this page you'll find information about:
- Getting Support (Herts Help) - What to do if you need support
- Volunteering and Donations - How you can help to support people
- Useful links - Links to support organisations and charities offering food
Need help and don't know where to turn? Have a question or problem? Herts Help (countywide information advice, signposting and support service) can support you. Just call HertsHelp on 0300 123 4044, visit www.hertshelp.net or email firstname.lastname@example.org
HertsHelp (HH) will triage clients’ needs making appropriate referrals or signposting to relevant support services.
HertsHelp offer includes:
- Volunteer support (including shopping, medication collection, befriending, dog walking)
- The network acts as a support and co-ordinator for smaller community groups including mutual aid groups, foodbanks and good neighbour schemes, assisting with organisational development and fund raising.
- Improving health and wellbeing by supporting those vulnerable service users in their own homes and in moving from hospital to home
- A crisis intervention service for people in crisis to include food, energy costs and other essentials for those who are in ongoing crisis or who have come into crisis
- Helping people with finance, welfare benefits and debt management advice
- If you are concerned about someone’s welfare, please contact 0300 123 4042 for Adult Social Services or 0300 123 4043 for Children’s Social Care. Call 999 if you or someone else are in immediate danger or if a crime is being committed.
- If you are in need of medical advice, please call 111. If you require urgent medical attention you should continue to call the emergency services on 999.
Volunteering - If you want to volunteer, please let us know via our form (we can only accept those 16 or over). We can give your details to local community and volunteering groups who are looking for help. For more information, please call 01923 278503 during our usual opening hours.
Donations (COVID-19 Community Charity Appeal) - We have set up a special appeal in partnership with W3RT which will be used to support key Watford based charities providing frontline response to the impact of COVID-19. To donate, please visit watfordcovidappeal.org or TEXT 'WATFORD' TO 70201 (£1), 70331 (£3), 70970 (£5) AND 70191 (£10)
Watford Foodbank - You can phone the foodbank on 01923 804435 from 10am to 1pm (Monday to Saturday). You can take your food donations to: The Foodbank Warehouse (Unit 5, The Empire Centre, Imperial Way WD24 4YH) or the collection point at Tesco Extra at Waterfields Retail Park.
Information about essential services and support organisations:
Herts Age UK
Tel: 01707 323272 (Mon-Fri between 09:00 and 16:30)
Herts Help - network of community organisations in Hertfordshire working together, and helping people in crisis to find support, guidance and information.
Tel: 0300 123 4044
Manna Food Project (Elim Church)
Manna Project is the community sector of Watford Elim Church, providing food parcels to individuals and families in the community.
Tel: 01923 221 544
Below is a map of Covid-19 charities offering food: