Update on services
Volunteering and Getting Support
- Getting support - This can be found on our support pages, including help for those who have received a shielding letter.
- Volunteering - If you want to volunteer in Watford: www.watford.gov.uk/covid-volunteers
- Council Tax - There is NO need to apply for council tax support (for those already in receipt of council tax support) with the new government support
Change to services
- Parks & Open Spaces: All of the borough’s parks and open spaces remain open for now. Children’s playgrounds and outdoor gyms are closed to ensure the safety of the public during the pandemic. The following carparks are reopen from 13 May: Cassiobury Park (enforcement and charges applies), Cheslyn Gardens, King Edward II Playing Fields, Radlett Road Playing Fields and Whippendell Woods.
- Parking - We are not carrying out enforcement on the majority of the council's off street car parks or permit, pay and display and shared use bays. PLEASE note, from 13 May parking enforcement resumes on St Albans Road and Whippendell Road to ensure public safety but remains relaxed in residential streets and Controlled Parking Zones and free parking is still available in all council car parks.
- Elections - The government has postponed all elections that were due to take place on 7 May 2020.
- Major Projects (PAUSED) - St Albans Road revitalisation and refurbishment of Watford Junction station forecourt
- Waste - Green bins will be collected as usual. This follows a review by Watford Borough Council’s environmental services partner, Veolia, of their staffing pressures as a result of COVID-19. Hertfordshire’s Household Waste Recycling Centres (HWRC) reopened from Monday 11 May (including Waterdale and Rickmansworth).
- Wiggenhall Depot - closed to the general public. Please email Veolia with any queries firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 3567 6900.
- Cemeteries - North Watford and Vicarage Road cemeteries reopen to the public from 24 April with normal opening times - visitors are asked to follow social distancing guidelines. Funeral services are still taking place with families present.
- Business Support - access the support and funding that has been made available.
- Advice for Businesses - Information on keeping safe, avoiding infection and preventing further spread.