Update on services
Volunteering and Getting Support
- Getting support - This can be found on our support pages, including help for those who have received a shielding letter.
- Volunteering - If you want to volunteer in Watford: www.watford.gov.uk/covid-volunteers
- Council Tax - There is NO need to apply for council tax support (for those already in receipt of council tax support) with the new government support
Change to services
- Parks & Open Spaces: All of the borough’s parks and open spaces remain open for now.
- Children’s playgrounds and outdoor gyms are now reopen
- The following carparks are reopen: Cassiobury Park (enforcement and charges applies), Cheslyn Gardens, King Edward II Playing Fields, Radlett Road Playing Fields and Whippendell Woods.
- Cemeteries - North Watford and Vicarage Road cemeteries reopen to the public from 24 April with normal opening times - visitors are asked to follow social distancing guidelines. Funeral services are still taking place with families present.
- Parking - For more information on the re-introduction of enforcement and more, visit www.watford.gov.uk/COVID-Parking
- Elections - The government has postponed all elections that were due to take place on 7 May 2020.
- Waste - Green bins will be collected as usual. This follows a review by Watford Borough Council’s environmental services partner, Veolia, of their staffing pressures as a result of COVID-19. Hertfordshire’s Household Waste Recycling Centres (HWRC) reopened from Monday 11 May (including Waterdale and Rickmansworth).
- Business Support - access the support and funding that has been made available.
- Advice for Businesses - Information on keeping safe, avoiding infection and preventing further spread.