Watford is a growing and prosperous town, with a lot to offer those who work here.
There are not many town centres that can boast:
- a market leading large indoor shopping centre, with many top brands, a cinema, bowling and places to eat.
- good, safe pedestrian access around town
- one of the longest high streets in England
- three theatres
- a library and leisure centre; a conservation area too
- a market
- a large water feature and performance area with an amazing events programme
- public art; a premier league football club and a great college
- two main railway line stations
- excellent parking facilities and transport links
Working at the Town Hall, you'll be well placed to enjoy all Watford has to offer.
Getting to work will be no problem. We are the fifth best connected area in the UK, with a journey time of just 18 minutes into London, Euston by rail; with easy access to London Underground or London Overground networks.
Watford is also located at the intersection of two of the country's busiest roads; the M1 and M25; and has excellent bus services into and out of the town.
The Town Hall is just ten minutes walk from Watford Junction, and is located at the top of the town centre, alongside the library, West Herts College and Central leisure centre.
Cassiobury Park - the nation's third favourite park, is just around the corner and there are more than 40 other areas of excellent parkland and open space in the town.
There is a huge range of shopping and eating options on your doorstep too, so you won't be short of things to do at lunchtime. Running through the heart of Watford town centre is the High Street shopping district with an eclectic mix of chain and independent shops and eateries.
And at the bottom of town is Hertfordshire's largest shopping centre - Intu Watford, with over 140 shops and restaurants under its roof.
Our new Watford Market in the centre of town has everything from fresh produce to globally inspired food.
For more information about how fantastic Watford is, visit the Watford For You website. It contains a wealth of information on eating out, shopping, leisure and business in the town.