When you work for us, you can expect a great range of benefits.
Our salaries are competitive, our holiday allowance generous and we are part of a fantastic pension scheme.
All this and a host of discounts, initiatives and loans are available to you when you join our friendly team.
Here's a bit more detail:
- 28 days holiday, in addition to bank holidays. This rises to 33 days after 5 years' service
- Local Government Pension Scheme and a generous employer contribution
- Flexible working options including job share or compressed hours
- Staff reward and recognition scheme
Health and wellbeing:
- Reduced gym membership at our local leisure centres
- All staff and their families have access to a free, confidential advice and counselling staff 24/7
- Free eye tests vouchers
- Access to health and wellbeing intranet hub
- Wellbeing champion groups
- Discounts at retailers across Watford
- Access to scheme offering various discounts such as food and drink, technology, travel, leisure and many more
Training and Development:
- Excellent training and development opportunities including Management and Leadership courses
- Payment of professional fees where these are required
- In-house training
- Paid time off for volunteering in the local community
- Delivery / collection point - You can opt to have your parcels delivered to the council Town Hall instead of your home address
- We'll offer you an interest free loan so you can buy a season ticket for the bus, train or tube, or if you want to purchase a bike
At Watford, we strongly believe we are an employer of choice.
We provide a comprehensive benefits package, high quality training and career opportunities - all supported by our desire to make sure our staff are healthy and happy.