A postal vote enables you to receive and return your ballot paper via the post rather than going to the polling station.
Please note that the deadline for receipt of a completed Postal Vote Application form to be valid for the 2017 Hertfordshire County Council Elections is 5pm on Tuesday 18th April 2017.
Download and complete the postal vote application form and return it to:
Electoral Services Office
Things to note:
- Applications can be made for a single election or indefinitely
- A postal vote can be sent to your home address or any other address specified by you
- Postal votes can be sent overseas, but you need to consider whether there would be time for you to receive and return your ballot paper by polling day
- Postal votes are usually despatched by first class post about a week before polling day
- If you have been sent a postal vote, you cannot vote in person at a polling station
- Postal votes can be posted back to the council offices or returned by hand to the council offices or polling station
- Postal votes have to be received at the council or polling station by the close of poll on polling day