Eight of Watford's parks have been awarded Green Flag status, an award given to the best parks in the country.
- Callowland Recreation Ground
- Cassiobury Park
- Cheslyn House and Gardens
- Oxhey Park
- St Mary's Churchyard
- Woodside Playing Fields
- Waterfields Recreation Ground
- North Watford Playing fields
Most of Watford's parks and open spaces have children's playgrounds. They are fenced off from dogs and have safety surfacing beneath the equipment.
Cassiobury Park also has a miniature railway, a bouncy castle and lots of children's events throughout the year.
Events and entertainment
Lots of events and activities take place in the parks throughout the year including funfairs, circuses, charitable events and an annual firework display.
The parks are also available to hire for a number of activities and events.
There are plenty of sports facilities available within the parks including:
- Tennis (no booking required)
- Football (booking required)
- Cricket (booking required)
- Rugby (club members only)
- Bowls (club members only)
- Hurling (club members only)
- Croquet (club members only)
Nature and wildlife
Watford's parks are wildlife havens.
You can get involved in volunteering with the Green Gym - a great way to get fit and help to improve the environment.
Dogs must be kept under control at all times, greyhounds must be muzzled and any mess cleared up.
For more information on Watford's parks, contact Veolia on email: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 0203 567 6900