Change in circumstances

Changes you must tell us about:

  • If you or your partner stop or start getting Income Support, Job Seekers Allowance or Employment Support Allowance
  • If you or your partner's state benefits or any other income increase or decrease
  • If your or your partner's wages increase or decrease
  • If your or your partner's savings or investments increase or decrease
  • If the number of people living with you alters
  • If any of your children leave school
  • If you move
  • If you have a child

This is not a full list and you should tell us about any other changes that you think may affect your entitlement.  If in doubt - let us know.

You must notify us within 21 days of a change of circumstances, even if you have already told staff working in other offices such as the Department for Work and Pensions or the Job Centre.

Remember, even if you are on a low income, you will have to pay back any money incorrectly paid.

rating button