Information if you're a landlord who rents to tenants on benefits in Watford.
Housing Benefit is usually paid every four weeks in arrears directly to the landlord except when:
- the tenant is in arrears with their rent by 8 weeks or more.
- the tenant is unable to manage their affairs or may be unlikely to pay their rent
- to help the tenant secure the tenancy and stay in the property
- if you accept a lower rent, or one that is at or below Local Housing Allowance levels
If your tenant receives Housing Benefits and is in rent arrears you should contact us.
Include information about the tenant's name, address, and details of the arrears.
Online Housing Benefit tenant account information
If you receive Housing Benefit for a tenant, you can view details of the account online.
Letting property to a family member
Housing Benefit cannot be claimed in the following circumstances:
- if the person claiming is a close-relative and lives in the same property as you
- if you’re the former partner of the tenant
- if you are the parent of the tenant's children