Benefits information

Report benefit fraud

What to do if you suspect someone of claiming benefits they're not entitled to. 

If you suspect someone of benefit fraud

Most benefit fraud in the UK is investigated by the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP).

Type of benefit fraud:

  • misleading Universal Credit claims
  • someone working and claiming benefits
  • someone dishonestly claiming disability benefits 

Report fraud online

What you should report to Watford Borough Council

  • Council Tax fraud
  • Housing Benefit fraud

Find out more about reporting fraud in Watford



Phone 0800 458 9200 


rating button