Watford Homelet is a free of charge, private renting incentive scheme run by Watford Borough Council, which matches landlords with available properties with prospective tenants looking for a new home.
Within a limited budget the council can assist with the following:
- Rent in advance
- A top up of the rent payable (paid at the start of the tenancy in advance for the life of the tenancy)
- A Bond
What happens after initial contact:
- We will agree the incentive package that suits your requirements.
- We will request the legal documentation required and gather further information about the property, for example, the Gas Certificate and Energy Performance Certificate.
- Prospective tenants will be referred to you to view the property.
- You will select your preferred prospective tenant and have the option of completing any further tenant checks you feel necessary.
- Once the tenancy agreement has been signed and completed, the agreed incentive will be paid, and where relevant, the bond certificate will be formally issued.
- The HomeLet tenancy will then commence.
Once the HomeLet tenancy starts you should communicate directly with your tenant on all tenancy related issues. However, if there are tenancy issues you cannot resolve with your HomeLet tenant, we are on hand to assist.
The bond and Watford Homelet scheme does not affect your statutory rights and responsibilities as a landlord.
If you have a property to let please contact Watford Homelet on 01923 278167. Alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
The links below can offer further advice and guidance to Landlords.