HomeLet Tenant Information

Moving In

Before you move in, we will have collected any mandatory safety certificates.

The landlord will issue you with a tenancy agreement which you will sign.  All tenancies will be for a minimum of 12 months, some may be longer.   You will be liable for rent from the tenancy start date.

As soon as you have signed your tenancy, you must submit the necessary paperwork to put in a claim for any Housing Benefit you may be entitled to.    You will also need to complete the paperwork to request any Housing Benefit be paid direct to the landlord's bank account. We can help you with this process.

We suggest you set up a standing order with your bank for any shortfall between the actual rent and your benefit entitlement.  

You can make a claim for Housing Benefit in Watford through our online application.

Failure to pay the rent may result in you losing your home and you may not qualify for further assistance.

rating button