Are you producing extra rubbish that won't fit into your black bin?
Check you have the right number of bins
Every house in Watford should have a black bin for general waste, a blue-lidded bin for recycling and a green-lidded bin for food and garden waste - if you are missing any please contact Veolia to arrange collection or to pay for delivery of a new bin.
Ways to create space in your black bin:
- Make sure you are recycling using your blue-lidded and green-lidded bins.
- If you are producing extra recycling on a regular basis you can apply to Veolia for an additional blue-lidded bin.
- Additional green-lidded bins can be ordered online (up to six) - charges apply.
- If you or a member of your household are producing non-recyclable medical waste such as incontinence pads, find out what you can do with this waste.
Excess waste sacks and nappy sacks
- Purchase Watford Borough Council branded excess waste or nappy sacks over the phone from Veolia or from the Wiggenhall Depot or the Town Hall.
Large household items
- There are lots of options for getting rid of large household items, through donating, arranging collections from Veolia or taking to the local Household Waste Recycling Centres.
- If you are running a business from home the waste produced is classed as business waste/commercial waste and cannot go in your black bin
- If you have a family of 5 or more, have followed all guidance on recycling and still feel you have extra waste please contact Veolia to discuss your options