Additional green bins charging - pricing
We already collect one green bin (for your food and garden waste combined) on alternate weeks at no extra charge. But we also offer residents the chance to purchase up to six additional green bins. The current charge for each additional green bin is £35 per year to collect – this is just under £1.40 per fortnight for each additional bin. (1 August 2018 to 31 July 2019)
This charge of £35 covers you for collections from the date you receive your sticker up until Tuesday 31 July 2019.
If you'd like an additional green bin, apply here.
If you already have additional green bins
The current annual payment is due to expire on 1 August 2018. To ensure you don’t see a break in this service or collections stop, renew by Monday 16 July 2018 here.
- The collection year runs from 1 August to 31 July every year
- First (or only) bin - no charge - for food and garden waste combined
- Each additional bin charged at £35 per year - for garden waste only
- You can have up to six additional green bins
- Delivery of additional green bins is £5.50 per delivery (not per bin)
- A £5 discount per bin is available to those who are receiving council related benefits and can provide a relevant reference number
- A reduced price of £17.50 is given to residents who sign up between February and May every year for a half year service
- If you register for additional green bins in the last two months of the collection year (June and July) your service will start from 1 August to ensure you receive a full year for the £35 charge
- Payment is made once a year and in full
- Payments are non refundable, please see our full terms and conditions for details